Taste of Tuesday with Ashley and Jessica!

08 October 2013
Happy Tuesday Everyone! Who doesn't love a good Tuesday!? The sun is finally kind of shining here! This morning one would have thought it was night time it was so dark! There was also some major downpours so I'm excited the sun is now shining in my window! Today is also election day here in Nova Scotia! I voted a couple of weeks ago but if you're reading this and you're from Nova Scotia I hope you went out and voted or are going to vote. You have until 8pm!


Okay, we know why you're here you want to see what idea I have for you to make something! This week is my mom's recipe for banana chocolate chip muffins! I have been eating these my whole life and there has never been a better one! My mother's baking is probably the best in the world! You will love these muffins and if you don't well I don't think we can be friends! 

Mommy Brenda's Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
3 ripe medium bananas
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk (can use buttermilk)
1/2 tsp vanilla


  • Preheat oven 400'F
  • Spray muffin tins or use liners
  • Mix together all the ingredients
  • Fold in the amount of chocolate chips you would like. Sometimes more is better and sometimes you maybe want to be a little 'healthy' haha ;) 
  • Bake for 12- 15 minutes, insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.
Mom had made these muffins for all of kids in the family and for all of friends and I don't think one kid has ever not liked them! They are real crowd pleaser as mom says!

I have taken up making them sometimes too because they are easy when you want something sweet but something better than a chocolate bar. I hope some of you try these and love them as much as we do :) And I promise these are almost as easy as going out and buying muffins!


1 comment

  1. I love any kind of muffin that has chocolate chips. Everything is better with chocolate, right?! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)