Weekend Update and a Tag!

19 August 2013
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend! It was great weather, had good people around so I could I have not had a great weekend!? This weekend was the 5th annual Beerfest for my brother and his friends. I swear they will be bringing their kids at some point because whenever it is talked about being maybe the last year for it they all freak out! 

It was lunchtime on Saturday and the boys start coming! Yes, this is an all day event of beer pong, endurance challenges and whatever else they can turn into a beer game. There are teams and brackets and at the end of the night a winner is named. Sadly, Chase's team did not again this year. Since, we have the two dogs myself and Erica decided to take them away for the day as make sure they did not get in the way of beer fest. We headed off for our doggie adventure soon after the boys started to arrive. We ended for Antigonish with a stop in Arisaig and then we stopped for a little snack at Tim Horton's before headed on to Pomquet Beach. It was a lovely day! It kind of became overcast but it didn't rain on us so it was all good! The poopies were so tired they slept much of the drive home. It was great day out exploring around Antigonish because honestly I have never been to Arisaig or Pomquet! They were both very nice. It nice to actually tour around your own province sometimes. When we got back Beerfest was in full swing! The night ended around 11:30 and clean up began! Thank god for one of the boys who works at the local garbage dump for the summer! He took over 3 huge bins and we got to throw everything in them and he would look after it for us! That made clean up much easier! Thanks Nick! It was great day for the boys and they are good boys so it isn't bad having them around. Another successful Beerfest in the books with our Mom as MVP 2 years in a row because without Brenda there would be no beerfest.

Sunday, somewhat productive day! Did laundry, cleaned up, got some blogs ready for the week and just chilled out. Good Sunday! Hope you all had a great weekend too and I hope you're all having a great week!






Now, onto the tag that Miranda tagged me in last week! The 6 Things You Should Know About Me Tag!

1. If You could meet any blogger in person, who would you choose?
-I really had to think about this one because there is a few I would love to meet! But lets be honest, we know all I would love to meet PinkLouLou in person at a Carrie Underwood concert! We would have so much fun! PLL just seems like one of the sweetest people around! We have lots in common and she could do my hair! haha Yup it would be PinkLouLou for sure!

2. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
-Watch terrible reality TV! I have a few episodes of RHOC to catch up on right now! But I also love to take pictures, scrapbook, listen to music and write.

3. What's the best piece of advice anyone has given you?
-Just to be yourself and don't think you have to prove yourself to anyone. I think just being yourself is hard a lot of time because you're trying to please people or whatever but I think for the most part now I'm at a place in my life where I don't feel the need to act a different way around certain people or whatever. I can be myself and that is perfectly okay. I think that might come with age too, you just get more comfortable with yourself.

4. How did your blog come about?
-I have always loved writing and had some kind of blog! It started back with livejournal and has evolved into this blog. I have started and stopped many blog but for some reason this one has stuck! I like having a place where I can write whatever I want and save my memories.

5. Name one good deed you did that went unseen?
A few years back I helped out an elderly couple quickly. The husband was having trouble getting his wife out of her wheelchair. I quickly gave hand and went on my way. I know it did not go unseen by the couple I helped but it made me feel great for days because they were so thankful.

6. Who inspires you?
-My parents, they have always told me I could do whatever I wanted to. They have been together for 35 years and are still very much in love. I couldn't have asked for better parents.

I tag...


Choose six to answer for yourself!
1. What's the best piece of advice anyone has given you?
2. If you could meet any blogger in person, who would you choose?
3. Blogs you're loving right now?
4. What's your biggest struggle in life?
5. How did your blog come about?
6. Name one good deed you did that went unseen.
7. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
8. Tell us something we don't know about you.
9. Who inspires you?





No comments

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)