2.7.2012

07 February 2012

A Review

A few weeks ago my momma and I were in Halifax doing some shopping for her upcoming trip to LA and the Grammys! Yes you read that right my momma is going to the Grammys! Excited and totes jealous right here! It was a miserable day! Raining cats and dogs for most of the day! Once we had gotten our shopping done we decided to have a nice dinner and a glass of wine at il Mercato (the Bedford location). It was only 4:30 when we got there so it was not busy, we settled in for a lovely evening of delicious food and great wine!

We started with a glass of Spy Valley, which is a Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. It is one of my favorite wines I could drink it everyday. For starters Mom had Wild mushroom and prosciutto Risotto croquettes, fresh Mozzarella centre, warm tomato, basil pesto Genovese sauce and I had the Jumbo Shrimp sautéed with roasted garlic, cream, white wine, Italian parsley. They are both as divine as they sound. The sauce for the jumbo sauce is almost the whole reason I get the shrimp. Yes I do enjoy shrimp but that sauce is something else. For our mains mom had the handmade Ravioli filled with roasted chicken, wild mushrooms & Cambozola, Mushroom sherry cream sauce and I had the tagliatelle, Jumbo Shrimp, Mussels, Scallops, Local Lobster, garlic, tomato, cream, sherry splash. So delicious! I do not think I can even find the words to describe how tasty our meal was, truly a delicious meal. Even though we were quite full we decided to splurge and get dessert mom got the bread pudding and I got the bourbon tart! Perfect sweet ending to our meal and I may or may not have gotten a second glass of wine with dessert ;) told you I loved it!

We had a wonderful waiter who was attentive but not so much that he was annoying. I love the atmosphere in this place and just how lovely and relaxed it was. If you’re looking for a nice evening out please do try il Mercato in Bedford or downtown Halifax, I’m sure you will not ever regret it.

No comments

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)