01.17.2012

17 January 2012

Non-food post sorry I haven’t cooked yet this week and it is looking like I won’t be! Again sorry I have a busy week (baking on Thursday but I’m making the muffins I already made again)!

Anyways, I decided I would read at least one book a month for 2012 because I never leave myself time for the books I want to read. Yesterday, I finished book number one! It is called Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart. This book is a memoir of Marjorie’s summer when she and her friend Marty lived in New York City and got to work at Tiffany’s. The year was 1945 and the war was on, which had Tiffany’s short of employees since until that time only men worked on the floor. Marjorie and Marty were the first two females to work on the floor as pages (the runners if you will). For me it was a page-turner because I’m enthralled with everything New York, fashion and glamour which this book had a lot of! It is for sure chick lit! And for those who enjoy it you will love this book! Friendship, love, glamour, Tiffany’s and NYC how could you go wrong!

Summer at Tiffany gets the Brittany stamp of approval!

No comments

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)