Anyways, since this week has been fallish and rainy (beauty of a day today though) I decided to make my tomato basil soup! When I posted some instagram photos of it everyone was asking for the recipe so I decided to make a blog post of it! I hope you all try it because it is amazing! So yummy!
- 2 cans diced or stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tsp of died oregano
- 1 Tbsp of died basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 of butter
- 1/2 parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of cream (or light cream or half and half)
- Salt and pepper
- Feta for garnish
- Put tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions, broth and seasonings into the slow cooker on LOW for 5-7 hours until veggies are soft. Your kitchen is going to smell amazing!
- About 30 minutes before you're ready for dinner make your roux, melt butter in sauce pan, add in the flour and whisk it for a couple of minutes before adding in 1 cup of the soup mix, whisk until well combined, add in another 2-3 cups of soup mix and whisk until well combined. Add it back into the slower cook.
- Now, you can leave the soup if you want but I take my hand blender and blend my soup down because I like to have a smoother texture with my soup.
- Now, add in your parmesan cheese and cream (I have to say I normally don't use much cream especially if I have blended the soup, once I didn't even use any so add what you like)
- Leave in slow cooker on low until you're ready to eat. When you're ready to serve I HIGHLY suggest adding some feta on the top for garnish because it just adds that little something!
This is one of the best soups I have ever had and I'm so happy I can make it! I also love that there is so many veggies in it and I'm sure you could add whatever you wanted especially if you were blending it up. I hope you all try this and love it! Also, if you have leftovers this soup is good on pasta!
Since it is Friday I can't leave you without starting the party train with #backthatazzup Friday! I hope you all have a great weekend! See you on Monday!