Soup's On!

06 September 2013
Happy Friday My Lovelies! Another week is over and we are well into September now! I can't believe it is September already. Honestly doesn't feel like it should be September! Today and yesterday were fall days! Chilly! Not really but chilly not summer anymore! This weather got me in the mood for fall though :)

Anyways, since this week has been fallish and rainy (beauty of a day today though) I decided to make my tomato basil soup! When I posted some instagram photos of it everyone was asking for the recipe so I decided to make a blog post of it! I hope you all try it because it is amazing! So yummy!




Ingredients 
  • 2 cans diced or stewed tomatoes
  • 1 cup of chopped celery
  • 1 cup of chopped carrots
  • 1 cup of chopped onions
  • 4 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 tsp of died oregano
  • 1 Tbsp of died basil
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1/2 of butter
  • 1/2 parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup of cream (or light cream or half and half)
  • Salt and pepper
  • Feta for garnish
Directions
  • Put tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions, broth and seasonings into the slow cooker on LOW for 5-7 hours until veggies are soft. Your kitchen is going to smell amazing!
  • About 30 minutes before you're ready for dinner make your roux, melt butter in sauce pan, add in the flour and whisk it for a couple of minutes before adding in 1 cup of the soup mix, whisk until well combined, add in another 2-3 cups of soup mix and whisk until well combined. Add it back into the slower cook.
  • Now, you can leave the soup if you want but I take my hand blender and blend my soup down because I like to have a smoother texture with my soup. 
  • Now, add in your parmesan cheese and cream (I have to say I normally don't use much cream especially if I have blended the soup, once I didn't even use any so add what you like)
  • Leave in slow cooker on low until you're ready to eat. When you're ready to serve I HIGHLY suggest adding some feta on the top for garnish because it just adds that little something!
This is one of the best soups I have ever had and I'm so happy I can make it! I also love that there is so many veggies in it and I'm sure you could add whatever you wanted especially if you were blending it up. I hope you all try this and love it! Also, if you have leftovers this soup is good on pasta!




Since it is Friday I can't leave you without starting the party train with #backthatazzup Friday! I hope you all have a great weekend! See you on Monday!





No comments

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)