05.10.2012...Justin

10 May 2012

Since I accidentally managed to write more than I intended to in my last two updates, I thought this would be a great week to take a little detour and incorporate some fashion fun into my corner of the blog.

Earlier this week, the annual Met Gala took place in New York City, and, as always, the stars came out for what many have dubbed the East Coast’s version of the Oscars. With this year’s theme paying tribute to the extraordinary Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada, the fashions ranged from traditional to avant-garde…and even to hot mess. Below are my five most memorable looks of the evening.

Keep in mind I said “most memorable,” not “the best.”

1.    Anna Wintour smartly (and chicly) stuck to the theme of the evening by wearing a Prada gown inspired by Schiaparelli’s infamous lobster dress of the 1930’.


2.    Sarah Jessica Parker looked as though she took inspiration from Scarlett O’Hara and pulled down her grandmother’s curtains in order to fashion her evening ensemble. In reality, her look was courtesy of Valentino.


3.    Supermodel Karolina Kurkova channeled her inner Daisy Buchanan in a slinky gown and turban with a 1920’s feel, designed by Rachel Zoe.


4.    Also taking inspiration from The Great Gatsby? Actress Camilla Belle (is she still acting? I can’t recall…no shade though!), who wowed in this Ralph Lauren sheath.


5.    Finally, what can be said for Lauren Santo Domingo’s daring look? It may be Oscar de la Renta, but to the mainstream fashion critics, it looks a bit more like a mother of the bride suit circa 1983 crossed with the extravagance of Princess Diana’s wedding dress. Oh, Ms. Santo Domingo, you’re an editor at Vogue…you should know better.


No comments

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)