12/31 How We Celebrate...A Look at your holidays...

31 December 2018
And just like that the holidays are basically over. Tomorrow, will be the last of the big family gatherings and too much food. I have to say, it was a wonderful Christmas season but it always goes too fast. I do believe almost everyone feels the same. I actually had no plans on posting until into the new year but alas here I am because I noticed that the Blended Blog had one more December prompt for the month that I liked. The prompt is How We Celebrate...A Look at your holidays, figured it was the best time to actually write down some of the traditions and memories that made our Christmas another great one (I also get to write this up on my new Chromebook! Thanks Mom and Dad).

One of my good friends was home for a quick visit over Christmas and I was luckily enough to catch him for a visit before he was off again. It was great to have a nice catch up with him since it had actually been a couple of years almost I feel like since he has been home. He says he is going to come home in the summer for a longer visit so I'm holding you too that Michael!



Christmas eve consists of my mom's side of family coming over for dinner/potluck. We now also include my best friend, her husband and daughter. It was great having everyone over, it was especially great this year having Quinn over because she is 6 and was just almost bouncing off the walls because she was so excited for Santa to come. The youngest in the family that was over was my cousin Charlie who is 16 (might be 17 I can't quite remember). So having a kid over was fun. She was so excited and is enamoured with my cousin Cole. Anyways, we always have a feast of food, drinks and great visit before everyone heads off to more holidays festivities with other family, friends or church. I normally get more pictures during Christmas Eve but I was more wrapped up in being present then I was making sure I got some pictures but I did get a couple of course!


The Wilson Clan...my most favourite people on this planet.


Stockings placed on the couch with care. And yes we have stockings for our dogs!


Santa has been here!


Me and my favourite girl Quinn! I think this was the only time she sat down for more then 3 seconds.


My parents!


The Wilson kids! I seem to look taller in this picture, I think it is because Erica is not standing up quite as tall as she is or I'm just pretending I'm taller than I am. 

Christmas Day, Chase came over around 8:30 for opening presents and Christmas breakfast which Erica made some delicious breakfast sandwiches. Everyone gave and received wonderful gifts. This was the aftermath....


For Christmas Day dinner, we of course had a beautiful turkey dinner thanks to my mom. We have my great uncle Jerry over for dinner, it used to be more but sadly we have lost loved ones over the years. It was a lovely day though filled with family, good food, presents and lazing around.

Boxing Day was a full on lazy day! I caught up on Criminal Minds, snacked most of the day and just laid around the house. On the 27th since the stores are closed in Nova Scotia on the 26th myself and Erica headed to Halifax to see what Boxing day sales were on. I headed up getting some stuff from Old Navy, MAC, La Senza and Winners. It was worth the quick trip up, Erica got even more than I did. I always love looking and seeing that you saved more than you spent. I got a great sports bra from Old Navy for $10! Can't complain about that.

I also got to have dinner with Danielle on Saturday and now here we are on Sunday, yes I'm even prepping this blog post.

I honestly hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and you're ready to start 2019 with a bang! I wish you all the happiness you need for you 2019!

xo



1 comment

  1. What a great time spent with family! Your Christmas looked a lot like mine!!!! Blessings in the new year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)