Easter Traditions

13 April 2017

It is time for another Girly Chat Link up! This month's topic is Easter Traditions! I was hoping to be able to have some pictures to go along with this post but I haven't been able to find any so maybe next year haha!

Easter isn't my favorite holiday but I do love it because it is normally when the weather is changing and everything is just coming back to life here in Nova Scotia. I love Spring and normally we go from winter into basically summer. The weather has been great for the past couple of days and I just love it.

My family has a couple of traditions that we have had forever and a few that are newer. Since Erica will be in Europe for Easter and my dad is away working, it is just going to be me, momma bear and my brother Chase for Easter this year. We are changing things up because we don't want to do everything we normally do because it is a lot of work to make a full turkey dinner and when it is just for 3 people no thanks. Plus mom did a full turkey for Erica's birthday so that was kind of in place of Easter dinner. I think we are going to do a BBQ this year and just have a nice Sunday together.

When I was a kid, we always a had a turkey dinner and my grandparents would come over. We always got a nice basket from the Easter Bunny which included chocolate, skipping rope, sideway chalk and a movie/book/CD. It was always a great day spent with family. Now, is much the same but the basket has gotten smaller and mainly just some mini eggs and bunny which is more than enough haha. One of our newer traditions is watching Jesus Christ Superstar. Myself and Erica are huge musical fans and there are some that even Chase will partake in. Since Erica will be away we are planning on watching it tonight when I'm doing Erica's hair. Can't have an Easter now without watching it!

Easter = Spring and I love it. I hope you are linking up today for the latest Girly Girl!

Happy Thursday Everyone!

http://alittlebitofemily.blogspot.ca/

6 comments

  1. I've seen Jesus Christ Superstar so many times! I grew up going to a Catholic school so we watched it a lot in junior high and high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would much rather have turkey, we usually have ham. Sounds like a it will be low key and perfect. I've never seen Jesus Christ Superstar, I've always wanted to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this time of year for the weather too! Having some BBQ this year sounds great! We only do Turkey on Thanksgiving and everything else is Ham. I love that you do a turkey on other holidays. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet that you make the turkey dinner every Easter. I love the idea of changing it up to bbq this year. LOVE bbq food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love turkey for Easter! Usually we do brunch food which is good too, but I just love turkey. I hope you had a nice Easter this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)