A Weekend Recap! Curling, New Leader and A Birthday!

29 October 2018
Ooops! I may have taken a week off and I have to say it was totally unplanned! I had every intention on blogging last week but here we are and it did not happen. But, life happened and I just didn't take the time to sit down and write something. So, lets just move on and I will tell you about my week last week.

I won't bore you with the mundane stuff I did earlier in the week but I will start with Thursday because I was able to go and see some curling! I love curling and some of my favorite teams were playing so I had to get over and see at least one draw which I did and I got to see my favorite team Team Edin who are actually out of Sweden shh don't tell the Canadian teams I love Edin more. They also won their game which was nice too even though they did beat one of my favorite Canadian teams :| It was a nice way to spend Thursday evening with my mom, sister and her friend.



Friday, work day then some shopping even though I ended up getting nothing probably because I wanted to get some stuff! I always find when I want to pick up a few things I never find anything I want. But, what can you do I guess I saved some money. I spent the rest of the evening packing and watching the last speeches online for our PC leadership convention which is why I was packing since on Saturday myself and momma bear were heading up to the city for the day to be there for the results. And, I can confirm I even slightly over packed for a night away.

Saturday, it was up early and headed off to the city. We didn't want to get there too early though because we had already sent in our votes but we wanted to be there for the tribute to our outgoing interim leader Karla MacFarlane who is a friend and the key note address from our federal leader Andrew Scheer. Both of which were great! I also enjoy getting hear to Andrew speak...he is a good speaker and the tribute to Karla was very well done. She did an excellent job and stepped up when our party really needed her. It was then time for the 1st ballot results, which I have to say I didn't realize how nervous I was going to be for them. My choice for leader Tim was in first but didn't quite have the majority so it was going to have to go for another voting but in a wonderful twist to show party unity the other candidates threw their support behind Tim and he won! It was wonderful and I could not have been more happy! It was long process but everyone did a great job and now we can move forward with our new leader.

 image from google images

On Sunday, it was another early-ish morning to get home and I was tired! It wasn't a late night but there was some partying after our win! Plus, it was my 35th on Sunday so I wanted to get home to celebrate with the family which I did! When I arrived home Erica had beautiful flowers for me and some goodies which included the new Anastasia Sulty palette which is amazing! I cannot wait to use it. She also made a wonderful dinner and got me a carrot cake yum! My brother and his girlfriend were over for the evening as well so it was a lovely birthday.

And now it is back to regularly scheduled programming. I hope everyone had a great weekend and has some fun stuff planned for Halloween on Wednesday! 

2 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great birthday...and a great weekend leading up to the actual day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrot cake is my very favorite!!!!! Happy birthday - I am so glad it was a fun one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)