Girly Chat: Juggling the Holidays!

15 November 2018
Hey, two posts this week! I had planned on posting yesterday but alas I'm sick with a bit of infection, so I have been laying around more then being productive. Last week, I went to Halifax for my last follow up appointment with one of the doctors I had been seeing and he finally took me off the antibiotics I had been on since I came home from the hospital and of course this week I'm back on them! Well, different ones that aren't as strong but hey, my immune system isn't quite back to normal yet so we will just keep chugging through.

I wasn't sure what I was going to post about today but of course the lovely ladies who do Girly Chat are doing their link up today so bam I have an idea on what to post about now. This month their theme is Getting through the Holidays/Juggling the Holiday Season. I know this is something a number of us struggle with because it is busy time of year and a number of women still take on the bulk of Christmas because that is just what we do. I love pretty much everything about the holiday season and I don't have an overly stressful season because I do not have kids and all that jazz on my plate. But, I know it is crazy time of year for everyone, trying to get in everything and making sure you don't say no to almost anything or anyone. Christmas shopping, baking, parties, family stuff etc. It can all be very overwhelming that is for sure. I have one tip for getting through the holidays, it gets me through and makes it more fun and productive. Be/Get Organized!


I know it sounds overly simple but honestly if you makes your lists, plan things out and keep a schedule it will make things easier for you! I personally start making my lists in September/October. This means I know come November who I'm sending Christmas cards too, what I want to bake, basic ideas of the presents I want to buy and who I'm going to buy them for. In November, when the Christmas invites start print out a calendar and mark them down. Also, add in Christmas craft fairs you might want to go to, sales at your favorite shops or your kids Christmas concerts/events. If you can color code them so you can at a glance know what is what and not just a busy mess of Christmas events.

For those who know me you know I love being organized, it just makes life easier I think and around the holidays making life easier is always great because this is the one season you want to enjoy with your family and friends. Now, go and make some lists for Christmas! I swear you will like it but if not maybe I will come up with a better tip for next year!

2 comments

  1. It is simple, but it is something that usually goes out the door quickly when we are stressed for the holidays. I am definitely trying to get organized with our plans, foods, elf on the shelf, etc. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to being organized. Like Danielle said, sometimes it goes out the door when you get stressed, but goodness, if you can, it makes ALL the difference!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)