And so it begins....

19 November 2018
It is the start of my Christmas themed posts. I know some of you are thinking why not wait and start in December well I have been in the festive mood for weeks now so you're lucky they did not start sooner. For my Christmas lovers like me I'm sorry I waited so long to start!

If you haven't figured it out yet I love Christmas and everything about it. For someone who normally hates crowds I even for the most part love the crowds at the malls (as long as I don't run into too many a**holes). I think my love of Christmas came from my mother who is probably the only person I know who loves Christmas more than I do. No, wait I know that it comes from my mom there is not doubt about that one. But this is topic for another day though because I have different plans for this post. 

This post is for the holiday movies are all love to cringe at but often can't help but watch them. Or you're like me and love them for how insanely cheesy they are. The Countdown to Christmas by Hallmark is on right now and I'm loving it. Yes, there are some of the movies that are so bad I can't watch but some of them are fantastic in the most cheesy ways. This meme basically sums up Hallmark movies...


Now, you're thinking okay Brittany we know you love these movies but there are so many to watch! Yes, there is and now I'm going to tell you which ones you should check out!




A December Bride: Aspiring interior designer Layla O'Reilly is dreading the Christmastime wedding of her cousin who's marrying Layla's ex-fiancé. Although Seth Murphy is the one responsible for introducing the bride and groom, she begrudgingly accepts his offer to be her date as she's out of options. Seth gets carried away at the reception and announces they're engaged, forcing a mortified Layla to keep up the pretense. But as the faux couple spends more time together they find themselves feeling something very real.

I first saw this movie last Christmas season and as far as the Hallmark movie goes I did enjoy this one. Story line of course the same as most but I liked it. Easy to watch and the characters were pretty likeable from the get go. Cheese Factor: 4.5 out of 5

Christmas Inheritance: Before ambitious heiress Ellen Langford can inherit her father's gift business, she must deliver a special Christmas card to her dad's former partner in Snow Falls, the hometown she never knew. When a snowstorm strands her at the town inn, she's forced to work for her keep, and in the process, finds romance and discovers the true gift of Christmas. 

This one is actually a Netflix movie but it it fills the same need as a true Hallmark movie. The characters are easy to like and it is nice little Christmas movie that can be watched with the kids. It might even teach them a nice lesson about Christmas. Cheese Factor: 3 out of 5

Christmas Next Door: Eric Randall, a famous author who writes about how to stay a bachelor is forced to look after his niece and nephew over the holidays and, with the help of his Christmas-loving neighbor, April Stewart, he learns to find love and the Christmas spirit.

This is another one that I first saw last season and I really did like it. Eric Randall is a tad hard to take but by mid movie you do warm up to him. Cute movie for the holidays. Cheese Factor: 4.5 out of 5

The Mistletoe Promise: Elise meets Nick, a single and handsome attorney, they quickly bond over their mutual dislike of the holidays. Nick shares that his law firm is considering making him a partner, but has a history of choosing only those who are married with a family. Realizing they're each about to face a lonely holiday season - and that having a girlfriend would increase his chances of being made a partner - Nick suggests the "mistletoe promise" that he and Elise pretend to be a couple until Christmas Eve.

Hallmark keeps their promise with a Mistletoe Promise of romance, Christmas and cheese! Again, another cute and easy to watch Christmas movie. The main characters are easy to like and Luke Macfarlane is pretty easy on the eyes. Cheese Factor: 4 out of 5

As you're reading this I'm probably decorating for Christmas and watching a Hallmark movie. OH and probably drinking some coffee out of the wonderful mug my friend Nicole made me!


Happy Monday Everyone!

*movie images taken from google images and movie summaries from IMDB.com 

No comments

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)