Friday Favourites! Thanksgiving Edition (kinda)

05 October 2018
Another week is done! Well, almost done but man this week flew by for me! I think it is because it was quite broken up with appointments and such I had this week. I do believe I'm almost done of everything from my trauma this summer. On Tuesday I had to go for an echo cardiogram and CT scan. I had the echo at 9:30am and by 11:15am the doctor called to tell me everything was perfect and I didn't have to come and see him for any follow up, YAY! And, the CT I'm sure was fine too since the one I had about a month ago was good. Love that my doctors are taking good take of me but I would love a break from them for a bit! 

{ andrea | erika | narci }


So, since we are back to Friday, it is time for Friday Favorites! When I was trying to figure out what my Friday Favorites would be I was having a great time because I didn't have a bunch of things jumping out as favorites from this past week since it was hospital/doctor appointments and work. Then I realized my most favorite part of the week was seeing my surgeon Dr. Hoogerboord. Yes, it was another doctor appointments that I might be sick of going to but it is always nice to have another doctor say how things are just coming along nicely. When I saw Hoogerboord for the first time, I was not at my best and even the next day when I saw him I was doped up on pain killers so it was great to finally see him at my post op appointment and actually get to thank him for saving me. For the first 24 hours I was in the hospital in Halifax, it was just a chaotic mess in the best way if that makes sense. They were doing what they could in trying to find out was wrong but no one was making the decision of what they needed to do to make me better. If one more doctor had of come in and said well we might try and drain it but you might need surgery I was going to scream. During, my appointment with Hoogerboord, he said draining it was never an option for him because it wouldn't have fixed anything I would still have been in and out of the hospital with extremely high fevers which just isn't a good thing. Also, when he got in there it has ruptured, so there would have been no way to drain it. The calm that Dr. Hoogerboord bought to my situation was amazing. When he walked into the room and had made the decisions that needed to be made, it was one of the best feelings I had ever had even though I was still scared, I just knew he had everything under control and I was going to be fine. Now, I am fine. 


Since I have gotten out of the hospital and recovered I have researched Dr. Hoogerboord and the man has like 24 letters after his name! He almost has his own alphabet! Not, only is he an accomplished doctor, he is a sweetheart. He doesn't rush with his appointment, he listens, he talks to you like a human being and not a patient. Sometimes he is to the point with no bull but that is what I wanted. His bedside manner is wonderful. When a doctor can look someone in the eye and tell them things are going to be okay and you truly believe them it is a feeling that you can't really compare to anything else. I do not think my mother could have thanked him enough. I swear she was making him blush. But, lets move on and in the spirit of the upcoming holiday of Thanksgiving, I'm more then thankful for Dr. Marius Hoogerboord. 

So, even though I'm sure he will never see this post I just wanted to talk about one of my favorite people. 

Happy Friday Everyone! I hope you all have a great weekend and to my fellow Canadians Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!



  

No comments

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)