Friday Favorites

19 October 2018
And just like that another week is over! One step closer to my birthday, Halloween and Christmas! All the good stuff right? With it being Friday we all know it is time for Friday Favorites!

This week I finally got out to the movies to see A Star is Born and it is really a great movie. Everyone in the movie did a wonderful job and if you watched Alias it is a bit of a reunion which me and my sister loved haha. Lady Gaga was great, she is such a great singer so it was really the perfect role for her. And hello Bradley Cooper has a great voice too! I have been listening to the soundtrack for most of the week and I definitely recommend getting it, the songs are great! I did not cry, got teary but did not cry! There was many women around me who I could hear sniffling. Also, Bradley's used his own dog in the movie and holy cow so stinkin' cute!!
Last week, I told you about the novel I was reading the Tattooist of Auschwitz, well I finished it and it was a wonderful story to learn about. The hell that everyone went through in those camps is just horrifying. The author did a good job telling the story of Lale and Gita, but she is screen writer, so I find the book goes flat sometimes where you would assume more emotion would be. I think this might be because she was hoping it would be movie and the actor would be the one to bring more emotion to it. I do believe it would make a great movie but for a book I need a little more. I would still recommend this book though. Stories from this time in history are some of my favorite to read even if they are harder to read because of the extreme horror that this era had. Even with the horrors they endured Lale and Gita had a wonderful love story so if you enjoy this genre of book I would say read it. 4 stars out of 5 from me.

Thursday was also I favorite for me just because I didn't have much to do and I had the day off so I just lazed around, baked cookies and made dinner in the slow cooker! I may or may not have also watched two Christmas movies...shhhh

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday and hope you all have a super fun weekend!


2 comments

  1. I didn't know that was his dog! They both did an amazing job. I didn't full on cry either, like you I got teary eyed, but that was it. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been dying to see A Star is Born. So glad that you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)