What's HapPINning Wednesday!

19 December 2018
Oh my goodness we are less than a week away from Christmas! How has this happened!? For me this season has been flying by like it normally does but honestly I don't know how it is already less then a week until Christmas. I wanted to have a blog post up before now but I have been crazy busy the past few days and I was away in Halifax for the weekend spending some time with my cousin Callee.

This past weekend myself and Erica (sister for those who may not know) headed up to Halifax to spend the night at my cousin Callee's and to get the bulk of what was left of our Christmas shopping done. The malls and stores were packed but everything was great for us since we didn't have to be anywhere at any certain time we just browsed and waited in the cash lines when it was time to check out. I have to say for the lines that were long in a few shops we were in they went pretty quick which was nice. The one thing that does annoy me is when you have a super long time 6 tills that could be open but you only have 2 open but 100 employee just milling around the store asking if they can help you. We also had a lovely dinner at Moxie's before Callee took us on a Christmas lights drive which I hadn't really ever done before because I'm normally not in the city a lot in the evening/night during the holiday so this was a real treat, and she showed us the BEST lights! There are two brothers who live almost beside each other and they compete with each other and it is a sight to see. If you're from the Halifax area or are going to be in the Halifax check out Connaught Street! 




For the past two days I feel like I have spent most of my time in the kitchen baking for Christmas! I think this is latest I have done most of my baking but it is all getting done so I can't really say it is bad thing and maybe it is a good thing because that means I haven't been sneaking treats all month. I can say my feet and legs are quite pleased when the day is over and I get to relax. I have done sugar cookies, red velvet cookies, peppermint meltaways and prepped the peanut balls for chocolate which will be dipped on Thursday.




How is your Christmas prep coming? Baking Done? Shopping done? Tree up and decorated? I hope you're all having a great Christmas so far!

xo

Linking Up with Jessi
 


 

1 comment

  1. mmm I want to come to your house for those sweets! Shopping is done thankfully but the cooking/baking not so much. Cheers to the season though - fast and flying but oh so lovely! Have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)