Christmas Cookies...

13 December 2018
Wow another week is almost over! The days are flying and the excitement is mounting. I know I have said it a number of times already but I LOVE Christmas.



Last night I finally started some of my Christmas baking which I can't believe how late I'm starting I normally have most of what I make by now done and just in the freezer. This might be a good thing since that means I haven't had Christmas baking around for the eating since the beginning of December. Last night I did decide to try a new recipe and I'm so happy I did because the cookies are just decadent. I made Caramel Pecan Thumbprint cookies and OMG they are so good! But really I don't know how they could not be anything but good I mean they are a chocolate cookies with pecans and caramels! I also have to say they were pretty easy to make and didn't even take that much time. Since the recipe does not make a ton of cookies I decided to hope for the best that they turned out and made a double batch. I'm glad I did because otherwise I would be making more and to be honest I probably will since I know these babies will go fast at any of the Christmas parties I bring them too. This is a Pinterest recipe from One Sweet Appetite (click the link to see the orginal)


Ingredients

1 egg
1 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/14 cup pecans diced
16 caramels unwrapped
3 tablespoons heavy cream

Instructions

Start by separating you egg and lightly beating the white. Set the egg white to the side for later. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment.
Whisk together the flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients.
Shape dough into one inch balls. Roll into the egg white followed by the pecans. Place on a baking sheet and lightly press with your thumb or a measuring spoon. Bake 10 minutes or until the edges are firm.
While your cookies are cooling, heat the caramels and cream in a heavy saucepan until melted. Spoon filling into the indentation you made before with your thumb. Drizzle with chocolate if desired.


Happy Thursday!
xo

1 comment

  1. Those look absolutely amazing!!! I think I may have to add these to my families list of cookies we bake!!! They look fabulous! YUMMY!!!!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)