Beauty Review: Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation

12 September 2016

Unless you have been living under a rock you have probably heard about the new Urban Decay foundation (also yes I only really mean the make up lover not everyone will have heard about this!). I have to say as soon as I heard about this I wanted it because I love me a good matte foundation which I have to say I haven't found that many great ones. For my skin type being on the oily side I don't need anything that is dewy because that normally just makes me look like an oil slick. When I was in Sephora couple of weeks ago I decided to get a sample because it is not cheap foundation so I decided just in case I did not like I would go with a sample to start, so here are my thoughts...

It is FULL COVERAGE! You do not to build this foundation up, if you do you're going to look like you have a cake face and no one wants that. Now, because it is so full coverage make sure you take the time to actually find your correct shade, get one the reps to help if you're having a hard time. Also, know this foundation oxizides meaning it is going to go a bit darker. Keep this in mind when you are choosing your shade. Right now because I have a tan I ended up with shade 4.5 but I think maybe 4 would be better when I'm not tanned. It is actually a totally matte foundation but it isn't flat which is good because you do not want that. It is oil free which I love too because again I do not need anymore oil in my t zone!

For application it is a thicker consistency and I have found that I like using a brush better than a beauty blender/sponge. I just like that is seems to go on more flawlessly with the brush. I did have enough in the sample to get 3 uses so I did try both ways. I will say I do pat a damp beauty blender over my face once I have finished with the brush to give the finish a more air brushed look. I think it blends well and goes on smoothly.

The wear ability of this foundation is great. I do not find it heavy or cakey feeling which was something I was worried about especially with it being full coverage and matte. I love the fact that I honestly do not have to powder a lot through out the day. I probably powered once all day and normally I do it a lot more especially in the summer months. It is really matte and it keeps me matte!

Ladies and Gents, if your type is dry I do not believe you're going to like this at all. Also, if you have a lot of texture on your skin you also might dislike this. If you're like me and are on the oily side I think you should try this! It is a very nice product!

It is $49.00 Canadian at Sephora which yes it is on the pricey side but I like it enough that it will be my next higher end foundation buy. If you're not looking to spend that much Nicole Guerriero says that L'OrĂ©al's Infallible foundation is a close dupe. I think I might check it out too or if you have what are your thoughts on it?

Have you tried this foundation yet? Are you loving it if you did and if not why? Let a girl know!

No comments

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some comments! I love them and make my day a little brighter :)